Saturday, March 3, 2018

Out of season

I made jelly today.
It's not the season - lots of cold and snow going on.


Last fall I had a booth for my rugs at a vineyard during their Grape Stomp event.

As I was packing up at the end of the event, the owners came around and offered some grapes that hadn't been stomped that were going to go to waste.

I took some, but seriously, I really didn't have time to make jelly right then!

I was packing and selling prior to the sale of the house.
I had other events to haul to.
And I was still dealing with the recurring situation with THE INCISION....

My mom took the grapes home and extracted the juice and stuck it in the freezer.

Today I decided to clear up some space in said freezer, and now I have pints of grape jelly!

It is yummy!

3 comments:

LA said...

Yum! A taste of summer sun on a snowy day!!!!

Hilary said...

I did that years ago.......ex husband brought home a couple of garbage bags full of grapes......I had never made jelly before...no one told me that my kitchen would need to be completely wiped down after making that much jelly. It was good though.

Sharon said...

What a clever way to get jam when you can get around to making it. I’ll have to remember that.