Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Plan B

This time of year I am usually getting everything gathered up to attend the craft fair at Fort Sisseton Festival.  Not so this year.  The powers that be that are above the local board that oversees the Fort decided to suspend the craft fair portion of the Festival....  Not alot of happy campers about that.

This festival has consistently been my best show of the year.  Hard to find out that it's not an option.

So plan B.   Somehow I got talked into doing some demonstrating.  I'm in a building so that's good.

Not so fun is that I have to haul the loom and assorted tools and materials there, along with my inventory and display items.

I've been prepping materials and yesterday I went out to the warm trailer and dug out my trusty Union.

Today I have gotten it warped.

 I went with a more subdued warp plan.  Hope this goes with the many different materials that I have prepped.  Also decided to do table runner widths.   Less weft prep needed that way.  I had felt I was getting low on runners anyway.

Here is a portion of the weft I have prepared.  I will keep adding to it until it gets to the day to haul the stuff there.  Just a few days left.  I'm getting a bit low on fabrics that I can prep that aren't duplicates of what's here already. 

I cranked on warp = 70 turns.  I think this should be great plenty to get me through the 2 full days of Festival.

Oh, and I get to dress in appropriate garb.  They have some to borrow I guess.  Hope its not hotter than heck!

All for now, JULIE

No comments: