Monday, May 25, 2020

That time of year

It's the time of year that I get pulled in many many directions.

It's been a unique spring and summer.

This pandemic thing has altered my plans - no weekend vendor events.  And no sales of inventory....

I'm still working in town at my part time job during the week.

Doing errands and such for the parents to keep them somewhat contained takes up some of my time, too.

This is the latest warp I have put on the Union.  It's navy blue, natural and a dark burgundy/red.

Undertones of patriotic. 

I have not been inspired to weave much lately...

Might be that I'm not going to events and getting the feedback that helps me choose where to go next?

Or maybe it's that there is so much to do around the place - like mowing - which hasn't happened because the lawn tractor is in the shop.  May need to turn the horses or cows into the yard it's getting so deep!

Or maybe it's because I get offered the distraction of helping with the cows - which involves horses :)


My daughter took this picture of me aboard Bucky - following a group of cows to their fresh pasture.

At this point I had kicked my feet out of the stirrups and was starting to feel the effects of horseback sorting and trailing these cows up and down the coulees and hills.

It's been quite some time since I've spent any considerable time in the saddle.

Before I moved here, I was working so many hours that I had no energy or at times daylight to even consider riding.

And since I've been here, I've dealt with the injury. 

Ruptured hamstring - Tore the thing right off the left seatbone.   Five follow up surgeries trying to clear up the infection in the bone and around the anchors that were used in the original repair.

All in all, I am actually a bit surprised that I am not even more uncomfortable than I am.

I am really tight in the hip, lower back and seat.  Really no independent seat left. 

I think the rest of my body did its best to automatically protect my seat, as I am muscle sore everywhere!   Neck, shoulders, abs, back, and even my calves!

It took a bit to find a stirrup length that worked.  I like a long leg, but we put the stirrups up 2 holes, and I think another hole might be even better if we go out again soon.   Mid ride I started to get short periods where I was able to relax and let my seat do what it should, so there is hope that it's not gone forever!

Bucky took good care of me.  He is very well trained and responsive to me and I never have to fight with him at all.  Only thing is he is very tall!  I need a bucket to get on him!  LOL

Bucky is my son in laws horse -- I was so long without riding my own, my girls have either aged out, or developed health issues that keep me from riding them.  I'm hoping my youngest mare, Flutter, who is blind in an eye will go to stud.  If we can find one we like nearby that is.

Anyway,   I'm hoping I find some inspiration to get some more weaving done.  But if not, a rest and reset may be what I need right now.

All for now,
JULIE



No comments: