Monday, January 23, 2023

Winter blues

 Seems like I'm forever doing blues.


Blue jean rugs are a staple.
Popular with my buyers.
Easy to source materials.
Durable.
Good thing I like 'em.


This time around I happened to also be doing the blues on the table runner warp.

Photos just don't work that well in the winter.  The light is flat if it's a sunny day.

And if the sun's not shining, it is just too dang dark to get a good photo.

The runner shown is from a vintage table cloth.  It had a pattern that I 'managed' so it ended up with a pattern of it's own in it's new life.

The blues are done on the table runner warp - I'm doing a short run of mug rugs. 

As much as I really don't like making them, (too piddly)

I had many requests for them last year after I was out of them.

The Union Loom tho, is rewarped in blues for a special order.  I needed a width of 28 inches,

so I'm doing a run of those, too.  Just getting started on that. 

The winter blues are knocking on my mental door, too.   This time of year is a challenge for me.


All for now,

JULIE

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I certainly like "denim blue." Sorry about the SADD. We're getting a break in the rain; nice to see sun and blue sky (at this time of year; in the summer it gets OLD and I crave clouds).