Saturday, March 9, 2024

It's Been Awhile

 It's been awhile since I did a check in/post here in blogger land.

Here are the highlights from the last 6 months....

*My last child/daughter got married in November.

* I retired as a 4-H leader after 36 years of doing that---

*I started remodeling the detached garage into a weaving space.

*More hours and responsibility at my "town job" as a 3rd auto parts store was added to the owners properties.

*Holidays and traveling have been much more manageable this year due to a much milder than normal winter.  Much welcomed as the winters the last few years were nearly unmanageable :)

*Started moving looms and stash materials into the new space even tho it isn't completely done. We aren't sure what to call said space -  don't want she shed. For a bit the kids were calling it the 'bitch barn' lol.  Mostly it gets called 'the shed' or 'the studio'.   Lately it's been tongue in cheek called "the loomy bin".

I don't have everything moved in yet... MOST of the stuff in the house is now out there, but very little from the storage trailer has been moved in yet.  I'm gonna need some muscle for some of it, but it's hard to find that these days.  Everyone is so busy with their own lives.

I'm currently planning out and applying to vendor events for the year - Some of the events I've gone to for years may fall off as they have steadily drawn fewer buyers the last few years.  I may try some new spots if I can find them.

When I get a few more things into the studio - and organized a bit more there will be pictures. 

For now, here are few pictures of the most recent finishes.





All for now,

JULIE

2 comments:

Sherry Riggs said...

Love the rugs! I am a complete beginner trying to teach myself to weave with an old Hammett 4-harness counterbalance loom. It has a 12 dent reed. Is this a good one to make rag rugs with? I have not got to the dressing of the loom yet. I hope to accomplish this week.

Anonymous said...

I am self taught.. only familiar with Union Looms and the Fairloom which is a Studio built for Sears. I couldn't give you an honest review of a Hammett. Have you tried to find faebook groups for Hammett Looms?