Saturday, April 30, 2016

Much Better!

So I decided to take the last 4 work days before my surgery as PTO  (time off).   I decided I needed to do some of the things that drive me crazy that don't get done.  I didn't want to look at those things while I couldn't do them...

My 5$ loom has received most of my attention -- here she is!

  Just a little better than she was....

I do still need to get a thread guide board constructed and attached to replace the broken bendy wire version that was there before.  And she never did have a crank on the beam, so I'm cogitating on that, too.

I suppose she now deserves some new heddles and I will research where to get those.  The old rusty ones have been failing on me lately, so it's time.

She's way more sturdy than she was, I think she's pretty square, but will reserve judgement until I get a warp on and get to weaving.  There may be a few adjustments yet to make. 

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - especially since I didn't take a whole lot of time and didn't try to be perfect with the refinish.  It was the first time I've used a colored stain, so that was a learning experience- Not sure I'm a fan, but I wouldn't do it differently.

Wish it was this easy to rehab me!  LOL

All for now,
JULIE


1 comment:

  1. I love the rehab of this old loom, I may be doing some of that myself soon, as I am on the lookout for a rug loom. You never know what shape they are going to be in.

    ReplyDelete