Monday, April 2, 2018

Still looks like winter....

If it was sometime around Christmas, it would be kinda pretty!

But this late in the season, it is just pretty disgusting ;)

So, since my last post, I've been galavanting about.

First the health update.   So far, so good.  Incision is good. Very little discomfort unless I do way more than my as of late normal.  I am trying to remember to do a little muscle work on that leg each day to help build it back up.

As for the galavanting,  my parents and I went to my brothers place south of Calgary.  Funny story, when I dug out my passport for the trip, I found it had expired last fall.   I must use my passport ALOT.... lol. 

Canada let me in, but pointed out that it was expired.  We had great roads for most of the way, altho there was mucho snow all the way there.  More than my parents have ever seen on their trips up at this time of year.  While there, I helped do some cleaning in the barn and other little chores that I could be helpful with - they were preparing for their annual bull sale.  Thus the trip at this time of year :0)

Unfortunately, they were unlucky enough to draw the weather card.  Freezing rain topped with blizzard accumulations meant they had to postpone the sale.  It's coming up next week. 

We came home ( The border guard let me back in - even tho the passport....) We had crappy roads on the way back, so balanced the good luck out with some bad.  I drove most of the way, as I've found that I can't relax at all anymore when my dad drives.  

With that situation, I've come to realize that I am now The Driver.  So now, unless I absolutely can't, I will be taking the parents to dr appointments, funerals, day trips, etc.  Between the two of them, and my plans, I haven't been home much since we got back from the great north.  This week is full of appointments, too.

Last weekend was this....  Leah is getting married in August.  It was time to find a dress. 
I won't say which one she chose, but I think she picked the right one :)




I'll be doing some traveling this summer and fall to go to her home in Colorado to prep and attend the wedding there.

It's quite the drive so I'm going to be using that passport in the airports I think.  

I better get that thing updated!

All for now,
JULIE

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your daughter is beautiful in all of the dresses!