Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Corduroy love

I really love the rugs I make from corduroy.

They seem to have so much richness to them.  Must be the texture of the corduroy!

I just finished this rug...





It's all corduroy.  And it ended up to be about 7.5 feet long.

Here's the same rug, just a little closer view so you can see the colors.





This corduroy was from pants and leftover yardage from sewing projects.


What I do, is sort the leg pieces into color groups.  Adding and taking away until I'm happy with the mix.


Then rip or cut depending on my mood.


And sew end to end.

I had decided that this batch was going to be whatever length it wanted to be.  From the last few shows, I've been told there is a need for long runners.   I intend to see if I can fill that need :)

All for now,
JULIE



1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'll bet a corduroy rug feels nice underfoot! Extra cush!