Sunday, July 14, 2019

Unassuming vendor shows....

It's an interesting thing, this trying to figure out where to go to market my rag rugs.

I've pretty much figured out that the shows that include resale/direct sale items aren't the venue for me.

"Big Shows" that have pricey booth fees are scary, but I think I found one that I will be re applying for next year.

Small town shows, 4-5 hours in the local park, or a church, or community center, or school are just plain a crap shoot!

This past weekend, I did a local (3 miles from home) Art Crawl held in the former middle school during the annual summer fest. 

It cost all of 10$ to sign up for, and there were at most 12 vendors.  There were painters, metal art, lawn art, embroidered dishtowels, barn quilts, fabric items, sweater mittens, and miscellany.

Pleasantly surprised with the results of the day and a half sale.  Eleven rugs, 2 runners and 3 flyswatters!   Gross sales rivaled my regular 2 day festival last month and about 50% of the 'big one' I did last month.  

Getting the product in front of an audience is what I think I better do :)

All for now,
JULIE

No comments: