Monday, January 30, 2012

Finally a finished project...

I tied off the fringe on this rug last night.  I was going for the random look with the stripes.  (I'm too lazy to plan it all out ahead...I think it turned out ok) 

I took the pup to the vet today to have a lumpy bump and a scaly scab get looked at.  No real diagnosis.  Just watch it.  Kinda hate when that is what to do.  I did ask about his teeth being all full of tarter already.  It was suggested I brush his teeth.  That should be fun!  LOL

I also spent a bit of time on the Newcomb Loom.  I'm making progress!  I have the harnesses on, kinda.  Two of the cords must have been cut at some time and were too short.  I tried to find sash cord, but no luck yet.  The local hardware store didn't have any.  The big stores in big town didn't have it.  And when I asked all I got was a blank stare.  Most people who work at these places are on the youngish side.  Haven't ever seen one of those old windows with the weights inside, I guess.  I'll have to take a look online and see if I can find a source.  I tied two of the harnesses on with some parachute cord I had around, but I can tell it's gonna stretch.

Next to figure out is treadles and lamms.  I've only ever worked on my Union 2 harness before, so this is uncharted territory for me! 

Definately have the winter blues going. I give up way to easy and have a hard time starting anything.  I've always had a bit of a struggle this time of year, but this night shift thing has really magnified it, I think.  We are having beautiful weather this winter.  Thank goodness- not sure what would happen if we had a repeat of last year.

Denim rugs are on the docket.  I want to use up this warp and denim is always popular.

This is the longest I have ever worked on the same warping.  Ever.  It has been close to a year since I wound this on.  Wow.  It used to be I could weave up a beam full of warp in a week!

This thing called work sure does get in the way at times :)

All for now.  JULIE


2 comments:

Two Guys and a Loom said...

Work is overrated, but that rug is gorgeous! Hope the pooch makes out OK.

Sharon said...

Hang in there. I've seen pictures of your winters that would make me quail.