Saturday, January 18, 2014

Am I cursed?

Why is it that I feel like if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all?

It was a week of highs and lows...

Tuesday was delivery day for cabinets and countertops.

Delivery time was between 7 and 12.  I had asked for an afternoon delivery but 'that isn't available'.

So I took PTO for the morning and for ease of paperwork, and for easy sake, I wrote down the whole day planning to cancel the time when I would show up after the delivery.  I was hoping for a 1/2 day off only...

Delivery time?   1:30 PM.   I could have taken 2 hours of PTO and taken care of the delivery, but instead I ended up using a full 8 hours.  Not that I have alot to spare.   GRR

I could go through the whole story, but it just makes me crazy :)

Anywho, then the guys came to install.

Here it is.   Unfinished.

Why is it unfinished, you ask?

At some point it looks like someone stuck a fork lift thru the back of this one.  Apparently chose to not deal with it.  Now I get to wait 3+ weeks for a replacement.  I asked if they'd give it to me free and I would patch it but no deal.

But the bigger issue was with the countertop.  Somehow, they put the sink hole in the wrong place.  So now I get to wait for a new piece there.

Whee!  isn't this fun???

So issues on the bottom and the top.

Gotta love remodeling.

All for now,



  1. Sorry for the "bad luck" part, but it looks really nice so far. The cabinets are pretty and I love the floor.


  2. On the upside, the cabinets and floor do look lovely!!!!