Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Snow Day

 It finally feels like what the calendar says it is.  

Winter :)

Proper blizzard - very windy, like 50+ mph gusts they say.  No travel advised.

So I'm staying home from work in town. 

I took the somewhat better light situation to take pics of the latest rugs.  Still not the best, but it just isn't in my budget to set up some kind of photo studio at this time.


This rug is made from an old chenille bedspread.  It's kind of a bone/gray color.  Very knobby and "texturey". Kinda cute.



A friend gave me some curtains that were too faded for her to use anymore - they were a bit bland for me, so I added a pop of color. This rug has a dark pink pattern - it was a chunk of upholstery fabric that wasn't big enough for it's own rug.



A matching pair of rugs - some more of that curtain fabric and a chunk of upholstery fabric for some added color.



And the last to show you is still more of those curtains and some teal fabric.  

I like using up some of these bright colors!

I'm pretty sure I will use up the last of the warp before I have to remove rugs-  There are two on there already with the balance of that curtain fabric.  That stuff went a long way!

The end of the year is almost here, and it's time to start planning for next.

I will soon sit down and try to make a master plan of vendor events that I want to apply to - it may help me get motivated to just keep weaving....

All for now,

JULIE


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I really like that chenille rug!