Sunday, December 27, 2020

What day is it?

 I am so confused.  Days off from work make it even harder for me to keep track of the day.  Earlier this week we had a proper blizzard and was told by work to just stay home - no pay that day-  that's the bummer.  

Then Christmas Day, store closed, - no pay that day - that's the bummer :)

Not that I don't like a day at home  - wish I could swing it financially every day!

I did kind of force myself to do some relaxing.  I was in charge of chores for 2 1/2 days, so I didn't feel totally slothful, but I really didn't feel the drive to start anything in the way of projects.  There are so many around here.  Mostly involving paper/files/ephemera that my mother has collected her entire life.

Last week we were able to send 11 file boxes to the State College Ag Museum.  Pretty close to a complete collection of  a cattle breed magazine.  Glad to get those out of the utility room.  Behind those boxes I found some more files and I spent a couple hours going thru those today.  I'm boxing up accounting files that must be kept and they will be stashed in the garage in the hopes that they can go directly to the burn pile/dumpster after the 7 year rule.

Questionable stuff is put in a box for my mother to go thru at her leisure.  And some - a very small portion it seems - goes to the dumpster.

Yesterday Buzz and Flutter were up close while I was doing chores so I took a picture -


They aren't due until almost end of May at the earliest, so they are barely half way thru...

I struggle with seasonal blues.  Plus I do best when I have a big exciting project to work toward.  Otherwise I seem to just float between things and don't get much accomplished toward anything. 

My goals and projects are mostly vague and maybe eventually type things - so I'm floating.

I can force myself to weave so I have been doing that.  Just not very excited about it at the moment!  :)

So here are some pictures of a batch of table runners I just finished.






Reading back over this post, I sure sound like I'm on the struggle bus doesn't it?

Well, I guess I better get over it - :)

All for now,

JULIE

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I think we are all on that bus with you, I don't think it's odd at all.......this has been an awful year.....and we aren't out of it yet.
But I keep telling myself that "this too shall pass"........and do it one day at a time.

Keep on keeping on.

Michelle said...

I'll bet you could sell a dozen of that last table runner, especially in the summer! And I agree with Hilary; we're all struggling, and this, too, shall pass.