Saturday, December 15, 2018

More finishes

 Some of my favorite rugs are made from corduroy.  These two are from the same batch of mixed materials from pants and sewing scraps.  I've got another corduroy rug finished, but it was from the last of the material after I ran out of some of the colors from these.  Planning Fail!  I didn't get the plan to work like it wanted it to.  :)  

 This rug is from bed sheets.  I have to work hard to pay attention to get stripe detail done the way I want it to.  I get in a groove and forget to watch my length.

Can you tell this rug shares some fabric as the previous one?  This is bed sheet.  I have been trying to measure my rugs as I work on them.  It seems some of my rugs get somewhat large - and more expensive to sell- so I am trying to stop basic rugs at about 42 inches.  That means I have some smaller amounts of random material left over that I can incorporate into patterned rugs.

I'm stretching my normal mode of operation.  I seem to get into ruts and do alot one way and I don't see other opportunities sometimes.  Right now I seem to prefer the look of hemmed rugs.  Used to be I really didn't like them!

This morning I was awake again at 5 AM.  Maybe I am getting back to somewhat normal.  It wasn't that long ago that I was sleeping until 8 or later every morning.  Twelve hour nights!  Now I'm down to the 8 - 9 hours horizontal and then feeling the need to get up and get going.  I'm just not sure if I should be trying to stay up later, or be ok with the early hours!

All for now,
JULIE

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I wake up early
Get up
Never could lie in bed
Do what feels right to you
I got sick of tying fringe....so hemmed rugs seemed nice.