Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Sore muscles

I got that loom set up, and all excited as I was, I set right in to weaving.

I'm. Sore.  :)

The sore kind you get in muscles that are being used more than they have been used lately.

I've got something to show for it, tho.


A pair of neutral rugs made from a bed coverlet.  I kind of like these!


 Another pair of rugs made from flannel sheets.  I think I remember they had mallard ducks on them.


 Now these rugs, I'm almost thinking about keeping them.  The color may be close to the old sage green that are on kitchen utensil handles.   Which I have as collectables stashed somewhere in my trailer. Next time I come across those I will compare and decide to sell or keep for the day I have a kitchen of my own again.  Of course I didn't plan well enough in advance to end up with two matching rugs, but they resemble each other anyway.


This rug is from bed sheets.  It turned out to be a lighter weight rug. I followed the warp pattern with weft material and I like how it looks like plaid. 

Each day I try to weave at least one rug, and sometimes I get on a roll and 2, maybe three happen. 

This morning I was awake at 5 am, so finally I got up and started in on the tubs of denim strips.






Almost 2/3 of the way through the first tub of strips - I'm going to have these ready for when I get my next blue warp on the loom.  Mostly ended up working denim now, because my mom cleaned out her and dad's closets and had a pile of jeans.  I ripped those up, and grabbed the tote from the trailer of strips I had stashed and mixed them all up together.

I still have a large tote of jean legs - or more - Some things I can't get to in the trailer without unloading a bunch and I'll just have to get to those totes when I get to them.

After my 5 AM start, I spent a couple hours outside helping my brother get the last 10 calves paired with their mommas and getting an ID tag put in their ears.  Glad that is done - weather is tolerable.  Not too cold - about 27 I think this morning and no wind.  Fresh inch of snow, but that didn't hinder us in any way.

Wove 2 rugs and have the plan for the next and now I'm back at the house to put my feet up for a bit.

I suppose I will sew on strips again some today - or I may decide to do nothing more today- but my parents are visiting my older brother in Canada, and frankly, it's nice to have the house to myself :)

All for now,
JULIE


No comments: