Thursday, January 23, 2020

Where's the mojo?

Yesterday I did get the last of the tablerunner warp woven off.  I felt inspired enough to put on the next warp.

I'm doing black based rugs now.

The warp looks like this...












The warp colors are black, dark charcoal, a lighter charcoal that was probably another die lot, light gray, natural (white) and just a little bit of purple.

This warping was filled with challenges from the start.

I found I had very little natural left, but thought I'd have enough.  Turns out there wasn't as much there as I thought and the last few sections I had to switch over to light gray and even was forced into switching out to the next darker gray as I was running low on the light gray, too.   It should work tho. No one will even notice it!

Also along the way, because I was using partial cones, I lost focus and ran out of one end without noticing... several times..... eyeroll inserted here....

And then the worst situation.   I was doing 80 revolutions per section.  I usually verbally count to 50 and then start over and go to 30 in this situation.

I counted to 50.... and cut off the warp to start the next section before I realized what I had done.

After stewing a bit and trying to figure out the best way to proceed, I just overlapped the ends and wound on the next 30 turns.  When I get to that area, I will have 24 ends to tie knots into and adjust the warp to even it all out.

Urg.  This type of mess up drives me crazy!

After that I decided it was best to go to bed and revisit the project in the morning.

Hopefully the weaving mojo will have returned when I start threading.

It will be a few days before I'm weaving unless I really get on a roll.  I'm off from my town job for a few days and it's not nice enough to spend any time outside anyway. So maybe I'll actually get something accomplished.

Tonite I sat down and started a 2020 calender of vendor events.  Applications are starting to arrive and I'm always watching for new events to try out.

Positive note to remind myself of....

The looms are HERE with you, so no getting snowed out from them :)

All for now,
JULIE

No comments: