Monday, February 3, 2020

Monochromatic, or Shades of Gray

In my neck of the woods, we have been having a run of gray days.  Overcast at best, heavy fog mostly.

This results in some dramatic hoarfrost.   Is that what everyone else calls this stuff?


Everything is very gray,  maybe with a slight blue color, or when you get close up to the trees, the green does come out....

It's pretty, but can be depressing after so long. 

Finally yesterday we got a little bit of sun after about 12 days of gray. 

At least it's not cold cold, or dumping snow on us!



I've been saving up to do blacks for quite some time, and maybe my timing is right, as I got multiple requests this last fall for gray rugs.

I will have a selection of blacks and grays at my next show!

This warp has been problematic since I started it.  I was very short of natural/white warp - even ran out completely while warping. 

Multiple times I ran out of warp on a cone and missed that it had happened so ended up losing that end.  I came across one the other day and worked it in by rethreading the sections to the left of that oops. I'm wondering if I will find more as I continue.

And then I had a really dumb moment.  When I count revolutions, I usually count to 50 and then count up to the next level, this time it was 30.   I counted to 50, and then cut off - as if I was done.    Dur.  I taped the section and continued on for the 30 and decided to wait to tie knots when I got to it.

I've been weaving and last night came to that area, so spent the evening dealing with that.  Had a waste of warp, but rather than trying to conserve, it was best for my mental health to let out and avoid all the knots...

Sometimes I don't know where my brain goes to....

I have rugs off the loom waiting to be end finished.  Pictures next post!

All for now,
JULIE




1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am not a fan of summer, but the gray days do get depressing after awhile! We had a lot of them in January; now February is starting out brighter and drier. I consider it a gift for potty-training our new puppy....