Thursday, February 13, 2020

Little rugs and big rugs

Winter, winter, winter....

I'm on my second 'no work in town today' day.   Yesterday was windy and blizzardy - lots of drifting and poor visibility so the work boss said stay home and stay safe.  Would be a slow day there anyway - no incoming inventory and probably not many people moving around....

Today it is bitterly cold.  Negative 11 with alot of breeze.  I went out and helped a little bit with the frozen drinkers - and then as I came in I got the text from work to stay home and stay warm!  A little late for that, but OK!  lol  I then got a call from my mother that she needed to report to jury duty.... In 1/2 an hour.   So run to town anyway!

Yesterday I took four rugs off the loom.   Only four filled up the beam - 3 were longer runner type rugs -

Here they are...



Ive gotten to making the fringed rugs be shorter ones....  This one was end of the batch, I find I like to fringe the rug staying on the loom- I tie the knots while it's there and then it has a solid end that doesn't get loose.   The longer rugs I like hems as then they are better to step over when used the long way for a runner.

I used to have Cooper to "help" when I took pictures, now I have Jack.... He's very helpful :)

And now the little rugs -

The first batch from the Fairloom experiment. 

I've had to do some adjusting to get the loom dialed in.
I think this loom I'm going to have to find a chair or bench.

Standing, like I do with the Union looms just isn't working.

The breast beam is taller and the treadles are higher off the floor.  I will look for some type of adjustable stool for when I spend more time at this loom.  It's fine to stand for the little mug rugs as these are a fast weave.  I'm planning on using this loom for table runners, so I think I would probably be happier getting something to sit on.

The sun is shining, making the bitter cold a little easier to tolerate.
Some time at the computer for accounting type stuff, and more weaving is on the to do list for today.

All for now, 
JULIE




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cute mug rugs! Do you make them in sets to sell as coasters?