Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Troubleshooting and two new starts!

The end of my black warp brought about the need to troubleshoot.

I had miscounted while putting on the warp....

I could have at this point just cut off and thrown away the unused warp, but knowing me, I had to pinch some pennies.

This is what I did....





I cut off the short sections and tied them off, leaving the far left one that had some length to support the rug on the takeup beam.  Then I rethreaded the new outside 4 ends to match how I like my sides to be, and wove myself a tablerunner!

Then I was done! :)



Here are three from the final batch.  I had a couple of black denims like before, and a patriotic tablerunner.  This one shown is rug sized.  I've decided if I have the weft available, I need to make these as they were so popular last season!








 Here's the next warp on the Union - destined to be mostly denim 3x5 rugs.


And this one is on the Fairloom - it's tablerunner size.  New color for me in this one, I purchased a few gold cones and I like it with this combo.

It will be a few days before I have either one threaded and tied on, I've got lots of threading to do!

All for now,
JULIE



No comments: