Saturday, March 27, 2010

A little bit of character

I'll take a break from showing you rugs today - they are still on the loom!

I'm always on the lookout for vintage 'stuff' that I can repurpose into something useful and interesting.













This is a place to hang things in my bedroom. I tucked it in behind the bedroom door so it is a nice spot to keep jackets, jeans that can see another day, and other such items.   I made it from saved old window trim and doorknobs. 

The old style trim has moulding that is basically a little shelf.  I used it to put my daily reminders on.  Four ceramic doorknobs are the hangers.

The piece shows a little bit of history in all its scrapes, wrinkles and boo boos.   I considered scraping the paint and refinishing so that there would be more contrast for the knobs, but decided to leave it.  It wouldn't have been perfect anyway, so why not have some character instead!

No comments: