Friday, March 26, 2010

It's an ill wind

Wind... inevitable in South Dakota.  On days like today when the wind is this crazy, I always feel a little restless, sad and lost.  I don't know what it is, maybe the moaning in the eaves? I have a hard time setting into any project and find myself wandering from window to window.  This kind of day makes it especially hard to start any new projects.

Fortunately, I always seem to have many different projects to pick from!  There is warp on the loom that I have weft ready to weave, I have a new little loom I can play with, and there are some quilts that are whispering to me to come play. But  all those things will have to wait a bit while I get some gainful employment in today.

The roll o' rugs is no more.  All tied up and outa here...  I had two helpers the other night as I was tying.  This must have been an especially comfy rug - I stepped away for a moment and came back to these two testing it out.  Goofy things.  I had to chase them off so I could finish!

This rug ended up being a tiny 22 X 22 inch rug.  It's made from a wool or wool blend woven throw that I found at a second hand shop.  I love the color!  The pictures I got of this rug don't do it justice.  Nighttime light and a shaky hand were my enemies.  I'd take another picture for you, but this rug is currently on consignment at the Goss Opera House in Watertown. 

Yesterday I had to go get the dear son from the airport so I stopped to show my rugs on the way there.  They accepted into consignment 19 rugs and 2 purses.  We will see how it goes! 

The last rug on the roll was this cute little thing.

Another unused and tired stadium type blanket becomes a nice little rug.










As I sit here, I realize that the wind also creates a bit of other emotion in me... It makes me cranky.  Time to move on with my day.  Hope you have a good one!

No comments: