Friday, May 14, 2010

Check another thing off the list!

I've got this mental list of things that need to be done before graduation day.  Scrapbook, meal plan, wardrobe for that day, gift for the son, etc.

Got the gift done!
This is a t-shirt memory quilt that I made for him.  He requested this instead of a denim quilt like I made for his sisters.  He periodically over the last few years brought me t-shirts and said, "this is for the quilt"....

I think it turned out nicely.  It's got a nice mix of school, church and 4-H shirts.  Plus there is a random, "you know you're a slacker when..." shirt that is kinda funny, and another shirt he got on an electric company trip. 

I'm thankful for a good friend who let me use her pressing machine and long arm quilt machine to get this done!  She even used her fancy schmancy sewing machine to stitch his name and graduation date in a corner for me!

Hope he likes it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I bet he's going to love it! Especially since he was bringing you the t-shirts that he wanted on it. What a wonderful gift and one that he will always have.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal