Sunday, October 24, 2010

Newest purse

Purse body woven of upholstery material.  I wove it with the BACK SIDE of the material showing!  Gave it a bit of a shaggy appearance.

Handles were harvested from a salvation army purse - a few beads from the stash and a magnet clasp and voila!

Newest purse. 

Wow - got something accomplished today!  I put in some time on some quilt squares also today - I'm going to be the "guest instructor" - that's the title she's giving me -  at my friends quilt shop next Monday to help 6 - 7 novice quilters do a quilt square.   I needed to get caught up with the group.  They have been coming to the quilt shop every other Monday.  My friend will be taking care of her husband who is getting both knees replaced... I said I'd rather teach than be his nurse for the evening :)

Sigh -- my weekends are MUCH too short.  Not looking forward to the start of the workweek.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I think it's pretty awesome that you have creative outlets and the opportunity to share. I have caller ID so never pick up the phone, but I cannot imagine what a work day feels like for you. I hope the art helps you stay in statis.