Friday, April 2, 2010

Mimi has arrived

My little loom has developed a name... I don't know how it happened, but it did.  Where the name came from is a mystery - it was just there all of a sudden!

Since she came home with me, she has gotten a bath with Murphy's Oil Soap, an oil rubdown and a once over to check her metal parts.

Tonite I put on her first warp.  I used some loom waste from a previous project, so I won't be getting alot done on this color.   Good for a first time!

Here she is!
I've got her warped up to try a table runner.  I have the old tablecloth already picked out, so I need to get that cut into strips and we will give it a go!

And now for a rear view....

Since this loom doesn't have a sectional beam, I had to figure out the process.  I used brown paper to roll up between the layers of warp as it wound onto the beam.   Worked pretty slick!

That is all for now - I am excited to get started on this new endeavor for Mimi!
 Here's to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment