Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some more re'newing

There was this one day... I thought I would make myself a table runner with this little piece of fabric I had that was hanging out at my place.  Just the right size, I said to myself,  it should be just about the right amount.

Of course - NOT!  I ended up with a placemat...

Well, I was pretty disgusted with myself. What the heck was I going to do with ONE placemat, with no matching material available to at least make it into a pair?

I literally threw it on the table and left it lay.

So later, my friend goes, 'what is that?' and I told her my story.  As she turned away she said "looks like a purse to me"...

So that is how it came to be that sometimes I make these funky little purses out of random small rugs.  As you've probably figured out by now, I'm pretty much cheap.  Won't buy anything I can get for free - or for very little!

So I started looking around and found "handles".  Sometimes they are belts. At times wire with old bead carseat cover beads.  And sometimes even, purse handles that were scavenged from old purses.

Every one is unique, one of a kind, a little ragged and rustic, and starting over.  Kinda like me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This purse is neat and I would think there may be a niche for it in the big wide world of marketing. Are you selling these on Etsy?

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

re'New said...

I haven't yet set up a shop in Etsy land... exploring my options yet!