Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First scarf!

Here's my first scarf!  It's hanging in the shower cuz it's still dripping a little bit from it's first bath....

Making it was kinda fun!

What I learned -

*With this heft of yarn - and I know, that's probably not the correct term - I can make another scarf and get two from the same sweater.

* I can make the next one a little narrower and a little longer.

* I'm gonna try skipping two dents in my reed to make it a little sleezier.

* These scarves are doable and fun!

Not sure if I'll make one of the same yarn again right away, or if I"ll pull apart another sweater and go for it with something completely different!

Here's a bit of a close up for you to see the weaving.  I really need to figure out a way to take decent pics when I don't have natural light!  the colors are just not quite there...

This picture was before it's bath, so now the fringes are a little less "crimpy"!

That'll do pig, that'll do.  (Name that movie!)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Babe! I watch about five movies a year so it's lucky that you quoted one I've seen! I'm amazed that the acrylic sweater yielded such a pretty scarf. I certainly wouldn't thought it possible!!