Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weaving stars tonite

Tonite I found myself weaving some stars.
A flannel bedsheet woven into a narrow rug warp.  I'm liking it :)

I took a day off from work-

I needed to go to the eye doctor.  
It had been 5 years. 
I used to go every year, or at minimum every 2 years. 
I needed a prescription to give to work to get safety glasses ordered.

I ordered everyday glasses and even allowed myself the luxury of new prescription sunglasses.  

You can't imagine the sense of relief I have that I can actually do this without having an anxiety attack over how I would pay for it.   

I've worked for a month and this is the first "extra" I've allowed myself. 
It is hard to let go when you've tight fisted it for so long!

I also did a few other random errands and even had lunch with my sister and a cousin from North Dakota who called unexpectedly while he was in town.  
Amazing how a day like today can wear a person out just like a full 10 hour shift at work.  

I didn't feel like washing dishes or cleaning house,

so I played among the stars, instead :)



Julie



2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, I have danced that dance. Breaking out of the tight-fisted mentality is a whole 'nuther gig - you have to stop sleeping it too. I'm so pleased this job is giving you yourself back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stars rug Julie.... glad the new job is going well!

    ReplyDelete