Monday, May 9, 2011

All work and no play....

makes Julie a dull girl.

Or at least I feel that way!

Granted, I am still feeling puny because of this dang cold, but...

I tied a couple of rugs tonite as I watched Antique Roadshow, but now I am off to bed. 

I'm hoping for pics for ya'll in a day or so, just so I can prove I'm doing something with my life :)  LOL

The weekend was a short one.  I worked a six hour shift on Saturday, took about a 4 hour nap, went out to supper with my kids for my birthday.  YUP  Another year older...  watched a movie, or should I say nodded thru a movie.


Sunday brought a sinus headache that kept me in bed til 3.

Not a very productive weekend unless you count sleeping as productive :)

Now that I think of it, I did disc up the yard and throw out some grass seed on Saturday.  It promptly rained hard and washed all the seed into puddles. 

I'll have some nice thick spots!  HA

Not much of a gardener I'm finding.

I'm coddling myself trying to shorten this dang cold, so I'm trying not to push myself. 

Hard to do.

So I guess I'll take myself off to bed now and hope for the health fairy to visit me in the night!

JULIE

2 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I feel the same way Julie !! With all our yard work, I have not been able to cross stitch. We still have to put out grass seed. Hope that cold leaves you soon.

Sharon said...

You need to give yourself the gift of rest. I always loved James Herriott's story about the ewe a farmer hired him to put down. He miscalculated the lethal dose and months later revisiting the farm, saw the ewe bounding around. The farmer said it was the blamedest thing. After the ewe laid there for three days, she rebounded like nothing was wrong. We need to give ourselves time to rebound!