Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rhubarb.... Yum!

Sour cream rhubarb pie!  Yummy!

Yup, a little dark in spots.  
Can't wait to get a new oven.  No likey the one I have.

It bakes hot and fast~ 

And then I made these...


Rhubarb bars.... Even more so YUM.

I made TWO pans of these :) 

Do you see it?  Ha!  

One is pretty much gone already :)

I am trying out this rhubarb - I am going to get some from this patch to transplant here at my new place.
This is some nice red rhubarb, the last plants I had were more green.  
I'm excited to get some of this going here at home.

Quiet day here today except for a couple of rummage sales.  
I took a nap!
I have a three day weekend starting today~  
I needed it, so glad it's here!

Julie

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I have rhubarb in the fridge - it came in our last CSA basket. I've never used it and we're not desert eaters. I'm trying to think who where I can take a apple-rhubarb pie. I need to use up both. It's a personal challenge - not to let anything in the fridge go to waste. Why do I do these things to myself? Groan.

DJ said...

Glad you enjoy the rhubarb Julie...come get some more, there is plenty. Bring that pie recipe w/you, might like to try it. Am fussy w/rhubarb recipes since I'm not a huge fan of rhubarb. I will eat it if it's made right.
D.