Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday randomness

Totally random today, so will post a totally random picture or two!

Woke up at like, 5 AM this morning and couldn't fall back asleep.  Got up at 6 and continued sewing denim strips together.  I've been working blue jeans forever, it feels like...

Went to church, then out to lunch with my son and his girlfriend.

Came home and while they watched a movie - I napped - I don't usually nap!  Can't fall asleep in the daylight, so must have been tired.

Then mowed the lawn and went back to the denim again.

Took a break to take a picture of a lap quilt I finished up the other day.  I used a different type of batting and it turned out a little too stiff for my taste.  Maybe it will soften up with use and washing... Here it is ~
This was a mystery quilt that was organized by a quilt club I belong to.  We got the directions a little bit at a time.  I think it was called summer breeze, so I quilted it free hand with a breezy random allover stipple like thing.  I like free hand quilting!  Not sure what I'll do with it, so I'll stick it away for now.

Then I took this picture of Cooper in the late day sun. 


What a cutie!

All for now- more jean strips to sew....

1 comment:

Sharon said...

The quilt is gorgeous. So many people make the tops then pay to have someone do the quilting. My sister-in-law and a friend both do that. Is it too physical? BTW, is Cooper a Kelpie?