Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday

Today started early... not by choice for sure.

Even tho I had worked late last night on rug strips and a quilt that I have been hired to finish, I woke up while it was o'dark thirty.  Couldn't go back to sleep so got up and started in again.

By six I had cut another blanket into strips, another sheet set followed after that, and then I started on the quilt top.

I'm set for a little while on rug materials... at least 2 rugs in flannel sheets, and 2 in that blue blanket.  I'm gonna guess there are 3 or 4 rugs of denim in that box, too.

Here's a quick shot of the quilt top I'm working on.  The blocks were embroidered  by a woman who got that part done and ran out of steam.  Hired me to finish it.  I need to go get some black material to work into the border and then that will finish the top.  Probably won't get it on the quilt frame and quilted until next week, but it went together pretty quick.

If  I remember, I'll put up a picture when I've got it done.

It's a rainy, dreary day here today.  Sure makes a difference in a persons attitude, doesn't it?

2 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I don't know about making rugs.. so this question may be dumb... Have you ever mixed the demin with white chenille? I was wondering if it would work good together ? I love all your purses..

Sharon said...

We always say zero dark thirty. I haven't heard anyone else use it and don't know where it comes from - funny :)