Friday, December 31, 2010

Dang it's cold outside!

Aren't I cute?

This is my getup for windy winter days. 
I didn't take the time to put some hot packs in my boot toes - that was a mistake.

My ski goggles have come in handy- might as well use them since I haven't been skiing in, like, forever.


The tint helps with the lighting and they keep the blowing snow and hay out of my eyes.
Plus it keeps them warm.  

Feel bad for my ponies.  It's -30 windchill out there.  
Wish I had a barn for them to get into. 

As it is, they have to stand in the wind to eat.  
Good thing I do have a shed for them to hunker down in.  
I think they have been choosing to be a little hungry instead of standing in the wind. 

We're not done yet.  The storm has calmed a bit, but it's gathering itself to dump another 8 -10 inches more.  The wind will keep a'howlin', too.

Don't ya wish ya lived here with me?  :)

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Ha, I USED to live there! (West of Sioux Falls.) I remember going out to feed my sheep when the windchill was 60 below. They had a barn to go into, but didn't seem to mind the cold at all.

I didn't have the goggles like you do, but I had a similar get-up with a hat and scarf wrapped around my head. Jeez, that was cold! I don't envy you at all. Take care of yourself.