Monday, January 10, 2011

About time

I'm making myself work on this project tonight.  I've been in this house for 15 months already... It's time I have a proper floor and stairs. 

The floor is almost there - just the little landing /first step up left to do.  I have a few more pieces to get cut and then I can get them stuck down and hopefully grouted tomorrow or the next night. 

It's just a little bit different than my fiber pursuits :)  My hands don't like the work, tho.  It dries me out horribly! 

I'm really feeling it in my calves and shoulders from last Saturday's snowblowing.   Unfortunately, it has been snowing steady for well over 24 hours here again.  Not much wind, so no blizzard, but eventually if it ever stops producing, I'm going to have to break out the blower again.  But I think I heard someone mention the other 4 letter word.  Wind... 

I get tired just thinking about it.

As you can tell from the pic - I will still need to do the stair treads, risers and door and other trim.  Still quite a bit left to do in this room.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Ugh, home improvement projects. We've been in our house over two years now, and we're finally getting some major projects done. It never seems to end though, does it?

Wind and snow is something else that never ends either, especially in South Dakota! Would snow fence help keep the drifts out of your driveway? Probably too late this year, but maybe next year?