Saturday, July 10, 2010

Weft strip prep

Focusing on weft preparation today.

This was a bed blanket (the color is really more like green sherbert)  I cut these blankets into one inch strips and don't bother sewing them together.  I can get two 36 - 40 inch rugs from one of these blankets.

And here is another bed blanket.  This one is woven cotton I think.  I got it at the Salvation Army planning on using it in a rug, but instead used it on my bed this past winter.  Then the stinker of a dog couldn't find his tennis ball under it and chewed a hole to get it...  So now it will get to be a rug, or two.  This was king sized and I'm sure I'll get at least 2 rugs, maybe 3 out of it.  This is a sage green.


And here are some JCPenney curtains that were at a rummage sale for a couple of bucks.  I cut them into 2 inch wide strips and sewed them together.  They are all ready to load onto shuttles and weave away.  Can't wait to see what this one turns out like!



And here's my naughty dog standing on my sofa table...  I had cleared the area for the carpenters to replace the front window.  Usually Cooper stands on the couch and checks his territory, but I guess he couldn't see from where I had pushed the couch. We had a little talk about his manners!

Bad dog - no buiscuit

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute...he knows how to get things done!

Sharon said...

You need to give Cooper a lower window. He's just doing his job.