Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sweaters?

So what's with the sweater?  I guess a few years back (maybe more than a few, but I really don't keep up with the fads) there were alot of sweaters around made of this really soft, buttery feeling rayon.  Well, that fad went out of style and all those sweaters don't get worn anymore!

For the most part, I really don't make rugs out of clothing very often, except for the jeans and corduroy pants.  But these little numbers begged for an experiment.



Here is a full view of a rug made of these sweaters -

The sweaters I used were a little brighter than the one I pictured.  But they must have been quite the deal in their day, cause I found 3 that were the same bright blue, one light blue, 1 REALLY bright pink and a sedate brown.  I thought they mixed well!

Here's another one made from the same sweaters - yes, I got two rugs out of 6 sweaters!  I need to figure out why this rug is narrower on one end than the other.  ????? Too bad I don't know which is the start and finish - that might have helped me.  I suspect I wasn't very consistent with the stretch and selvedge as I was weaving and ended up with a wonky shaped rug.  Oh well, life is an experiment, RIGHT?

No comments: