Thursday, November 4, 2010

Aarrgghhh!

I'm frustrated that I haven't been posting here much, lately!

I'm busy busy busy.

Last weekend's craft fair was disappointing - oh well, on to the next one!  Guess I just have to try each show to determine if it's a good fit for me.  Doubt that  I'll go back next year to that one!

I've been using any spare moment on planning a craft show of my own.  There has always been a show in our town this time of year - Back in the day, when I belonged to the area womens group - spin off of Jaycees when they didn't allow women -  we organized the event.  For reasons forgotten, we suspended the show - I think maybe our club disbanded because a new group started up that took members from our womens group and the mens group and put them together.  This group is still in action, so I think it was a good thing.

Then a mother and he daughters planned and staged it for not a few years, but pulling out for last year.  Another lady took it over for last year, but her father is not well and she didn't have the time to commit this year. 

So kind of last minute - I and my sewing shop friend jumped in and claimed it.  We'll see how it all goes.  I'm focusing on the food that we'll serve.  Not sure if I'll even have my stuff displayed - we have a small venue, but we have plans for next year!

All for now - off to work to talk my day away!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm not expecting much better from my first and only craft show. I'll take my spinning wheel and hope for the best.