Friday, July 22, 2011

Rummaging....

Do you like rummage sales?  (yard sales, garage sales, etc?)

I do.  I'm not rabid about it, but I enjoy the hunt for things I would like, but won't pay retail for.  Plus, that's pretty much the only way I've been able to get "new" stuff for awhile.  You know that dang thing called a budget?

So, tomorrow I'm having my own rummage sale.  I've been meaning to have one for a couple years now.

Meant to have one before I moved.  Didn't work that way, because of a sudden early push from the new homeowner/ landlord.  Only had 6 weeks to build a foundation and move a house and move all my accumulated stuff of 20 years. 

Yeah, didn't happen.

So I've had these boxes downstairs for a good 20 some months now.  Didn't quite remember what all was in them, but knew I wasn't ready to just give them away.  There was some nice stuff in there.

Wedding gifts of leaded crystal.  Antiques that I had weeded out.  Sports equipment.  Electronic type stuff that we "had to have" at the time.

I wasn't the 'shopper' in the family. 

It was an issue.  :)

I can't believe what all I've found in those boxes.  Believe it or not, so far nothing has even remotely interested me in bringing it back into the fold. 

I just wish I had a little more time and organization to put more out.

Guess I'll have a head start on my next sale!


I just wish I could go to the other 4 sales that are in town tomorrow ... LOL

No comments: