Friday, December 23, 2011

Busted!

Somebody was on the table last night...

Darn kitty!  
Guess that is why I covered the cookies before I went to bed at 3 AM!

And, no, I'm not going overboard and burning the midnight oil to get ready for Christmas.
I've apparently adjusted to the night shift work schedule.

It's hard to be productive in the dark, 
but I make myself do something since I'm awake while the rest of the world is asleep!

Can't believe it's December 23.  Where did fall go?  I'm not feeling like it's Christmas at all.

Also last night I decided to decorate a tree.  
Thought it might help me get in the mood.

I used to do ALOT of baking, decorating, gift making, etc...

I'm going "easy" in my old age.

I decorated my 'barn' or 'stable' tree.
Just lights, some rope with bandana bows and stuffed barnyard animals.
Also goose eggs from my days at the goose farm.
Someday I'll find the perfect star to put on top.

Still need to go find a creche to put under the tree and that's about it for decorating.


I've got a pic of some weaving I did last weekend in the wee hours of the morning, but it's a gift...
Better not put it here until it's been gifted!

A late dinner here tomorrow ( aka noon meal - that's what we call it here, evening meal is supper! )
 open the few gifts that are being exchanged and probably candlelight services in the evening. 

Other than that? 

Rest.
I don't go back to work til Tuesday afternoon :)


Resting includes doing things around the house, my choice, my pace.
That's 'rest' to me :)




No comments: