Saturday, September 28, 2013

Craft Fair Weekend

.... But not for me :)

This weekend I am attending a large craft fair with a friend.

She was in need of a canopy.   I was in need of a time away from all the chores in my world!  :)

Take a look at what this awesome fiber artist friend o' mine makes--

Here's a pic of the booth before the gates opened - Note my canopy and my floor tarp?  Glad for these as we had a wet morning.  The rain cleared off and turned into a great fall day at about 1:00...

Friend is a quilter, who combined her love of fabrics and art into these fabric vases. 


Believe it or not, these vases are all fabric... no metal wire, no cardboard, no nothing like that.  Just the fabric and some quilting innards that are a trade secret and lots of machine quilting.


I think she's amazing :) 

Funny from today -- someone asked if I was her daughter - ( I was bragging her up) - and I said, "nope, I'm her agent, and I'm gonna be rich when she gets famous". 

Anyone out there know anything about the pattern book business and how to go about getting published?

Tomorrow will be there again - the weather sounds delightful, and I spied something at another booth that is making me go HMMMM.....   I might talk myself into buying it.  

We'll see!

All for now,
JULIE

1 comment:

MartyG said...

I have noticed that Kansas City Star is a publishing company that produces books and lately worked with new needlework designers. Stacey Nash and Notforgotten Farm are two this year. Blackbird Designs uses them I think for both their needlework and quilting books. Hope this helps.