Friday, July 13, 2018

Plans, what are those?

I'm a planner and contingency maker.  I don't really care to fly by the seat of my pants.

I at least like to have thought about how I'd like things to go, and a few alternatives if that's not possible.

So this week, plans were thrown out.

Monday I went in for same day surgery to remove the metal anchors that seem to be the starting point for my hamstring issues.

I ended up being in hospital until Thursday late afternoon. URG

Original plan was a friend drive me to and from for the day and recuperate at home.  I sent her home and spent the 4 days alone at the hospital ---

Finally, enough cultures and test results came in, and enough details for my medicinal plan were ironed out and I could call and find a ride home.

So now, I have the wound in the buttocks area to handle, plus twice a day antibiotic home infusions for the next 4-5 weeks.

I also have to visit a facility once a week for blood tests to check on med levels and get dressing changes on my pic line.

I've been told weaving probably not a good idea while the line is in.   No cattle, no horses, no going to work.  Right now I'm not feeling like doing any of those, so it's not driving me too crazy yet. 

I'm just hoping this is all over and done with before my daughters wedding out of state!

All for now,
JULIE

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow, you are certainly taking your turn in the bucket.......let's hope you get it all under control in 2018...and can start fresh SOON. I have faith in you.

Sharon said...

It seems like your doctors have been “practicing medicine” on you. I do hope you get an all clear soon. It’s way overdue.