Thursday, December 20, 2018

All done!









Twenty seven finished rugs, all with tans, browns, greens in them.

They came off this warp...




This warp came about because 1. I had very few greens, browns and tans in finished rugs in inventory, and 2.  I had alot of tans, browns and greens in the weft stash material. and 3. I have been fixated on warp based stripes lately. 



The last batch off the loom, I tried to use up some old materials that I inherited and that have been hanging around in my stash for awhile.

This one turned out really fun -

It used up many different dibs and dabs of twill type materials.



And then this rug happened with what was left of the twill materials.  I was hoping it wouldn't look too random and unplanned :)

There was still warp on the loom, but I can never tell what's left with any certainty.  So it's hard to do a planned pattern - so I did this and ended up with an "eclectic" rug.   It is ok, but not one I would choose - we'll see how long it takes to sell!  It is made of corduroy that was gifted already in strips.





Next warp is in my mind -- something that I can put any color of weft on, and yes, I'm still fixated on stripes.   Not sure when I will get that warp on the loom with the holiday and kids coming to visit, but I can't wait to weave some of the strips I have prepared. 

All for now, 

JULIE

No comments: