Friday, August 2, 2019

Fair Season

It is the season of the fairs.

My hometown 4-H program can be classified as 'small', as we don't have a fairgrounds and not a lot of numbers.

We have always thought of ourselves as "big" in terms of quality of programs, exhibits, and volunteers.

The 4-H program would be nothing without the cooperation between the 4-H advisors, office staff (one person) parents and leaders.  Also many of our judges end up volunteering their time - turning back the remuneration that is offered for their services.

These exhibits are from "my kids".   Our club had a great Achievement Days and it's fun to see how excited they get with their projects and how they start planning immediately for next year!

From my group we also had sheep, goats, calves, and pigs.

Also the club was represented in the Fashion Review show and Public Presentations contest.

Proud of those kids!

On the weaving front,  I've got a new warp on and am weaving memory rugs for an old friend.  She is cleaning out her fathers home and I did a run of khaki/twill rugs made primarily from his pants.  I've added other color pants to have some variety and add something to the light colored fabric.






I still have some of the neutral left and leftovers of the these mixes.  I'm sure I'll figure out how to get some more rugs out of that.

Unfortunately, my loom will be homeless as soon as I can find some helpful muscle to move it.  My brother is finishing up his office space that I've been occupying and I'm now "in the way".   My equipment may have to go back into storage unless I can find a spot here in a garage or something. 

I'm 'over' this being in limbo.  Something needs to change.

All for now,
JULIE

3 comments:

Michelle said...

"Memory rugs" – what an awesome idea and way to use clothing from a departed loved one!

I don't know the ins and outs of your limbo situation; have you shared it earlier on this blog before I started following, or is it mostly private? I wish for you a place of your own, and peace.

re'New said...

I've shared bits and pieces - The health issues that made me quit my job and sell my house, move in with my parents, and be in limbo until my health improved. Now that my health has improved, there are other limbo inducing situations involving my parents. We are working on those, but it's very stressful. Hoping this resolves soon!

Michelle said...

I understand limbo-inducing situations, involving parents and others. I'm glad that your health has improved; I hope the stress you're under doesn't bring on more health problems. Stress is so toxic, but too often unavoidable.