Monday, September 2, 2019

These rugs I call 'minis'

Some years ago I was at an event that involved lots of campers. 

I had alot of people say my rugs were too big for the floor space in their rigs.

So I came up with this  mini size ----

I warp 9 sections so the rugs finish at 18 inches wide.

I warped it in blue, using up a large amount of partial cones of poly cotton warp.

I decided on the minis as I am extremely short on inventory, and I wasn't sure if I had enough warp to do the regular width rugs!  :)

I really need to get some warp ordered.   I'm short on blues and natural/white.  The two colors I use the most of...

I'm pretty sure I won't have time before the next show to get more regular width denim rugs done, so I'm not going to stress over it.  When I weave this warping off, I am going to do black/charcoal/gray, etc.  It's been a really long time since I've done that.

Here are some recently finished rugs...

Mini denim fringed rugs.  18 wide and all about the same length.

Mini hemmed denim rugs.  Look closely, there are 3 rugs that are woven from a different batch of denim strips.  Each batch has a different hue, all depending on the mix of found jeans.

I've got white denim... I wasn't sure about this while I was weaving, but I really like the contrast the blue and white have.  This morning I wove a hemmed edge longer version of this.  Still have white denim left, so maybe another will happen, too.

And then the Americana rugs.  The longer one is all denim, and the smaller is bed sheets.  I think I haven't found the right red/white stripe width that makes me happy in this width of rug yet.  One looks squatty and one looks stretched.  Maybe it's just me?

Other than weaving, I've got shows lined up for the rest of the year.  Another good sized one in October, and then several smaller ones in November and December around and for the holidays. 

I have applied to work a seasonal job in town - I've worked there before about 8 years ago?  I need to bump my income and this seems to be the most reliable way to do it.  When I find out if I get hired, I'll share more.

It also is starting to feel fall like at times - that creates a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach.  There is so much to do and figure out before snow, and many decisions are still unmade.

This morning I was feeling very overwhelmed.  Many small irritations and disappointments are piling up and I start feeling discouraged.  I'm not sure what to do or how to change anything right now, so I just need to keep doing and hope things will change for the better soon.

All for now,
JULIE





1 comment:

Michelle said...

Praying the job works out to enable other things to happen!