Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Latest

I have an event this weekend.

Of course I always think that the latest items I have woven MUST come with!

I decided not to overly stress myself tomorrow and Friday by thinking I needed to make just a few more, so I cut off the woven runners from the take up beam and tied fringe this afternoon.

Here they are after their fringe trimming....









I'm digging the stripe action on the less busy fabrics.    Color doesn't show completely true, but these are Christmas-sy colors.   I kind of like the red one with the stripes.  Those stripes have little red stripes within - makes me think of candy canes.

The weather has moderated a bit here, warmer, so the snow is melting.  It seems to be always too wet this past year.  South Dakota is usually a much dryer place this time of year.  It's making for very difficult harvesting - and this spring was very difficult for planting.  It would seem that it would be a good hay year - lots of growth, but again, with all the rain, it was hard to put up hay, it was always getting rained on.  Or the ground was so wet, everyone was getting stuck.

Time will tell how expensive hay will be - and how much will be available.   My horse hay has been stacked and is settling, waiting for a stack mover to deliver it to me.  So at least I know my horses will have feed.

All for now,
JULIE

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Our hay guy lost his last cutting to rain, the first time I've known that to happen to him since we've been buying his hay. (I was beginning to think he was infallible!) Now we'll have to source a bit more hay to get the horses and sheep through until next season.