Tuesday, January 21, 2020

'Bout time!

It's about time I have some finished pieces to show ---

It seems as if this warping will never end - the Christmasy colored tablerunner warp, that is.

I had thought I had alot of Christmas tableclothes and solids that would work on this warp, but I guess not as much as I thought!  I've been scrounging and frankly, not been very inspired with this one.

I was trying to weave it all off, but I filled up the take up beam and had to get me some room for a few more.  I think I will just go ahead and do denim and finish it off.  It will give me some variety in the denim runners with this color warp.

Here are a few....




There are five more that are finished, but I won't burden the blog with that many downloads...

If you want to see them, I've got them all on facebook.

You would think I would be getting into the weaving mode - as the weather is definately not conducive to wanting to go anywhere or be outside.

Since last evening the wind has been howling - from the south which means the temps aren't terrible.  I believe the thermometer said 26 degrees this afternoon, but when the wind is sustained above 30 MPH and gusts over 50 mph, it's still cold.  Ground blizzard conditions and drifting.

I'm kind of forcing myself to work on the warp and weft that are in the pipeline.  I'm hoping as soon as I get the next batch going, it will inspire me and I'll get a little more excited.  

Hope so anyway!

All for now,
JULIE

No comments: