Thursday, February 20, 2020

Maintenance

With these old looms, it always seems there is something to fix.

Lately the right side treadle has been being difficult.

I finally got serious about figuring out why, crawled underneath and I found this....

Somewhere along the line, two screws went missing and a third has come loose.  So basically being held on with one screw.

It took me a couple days to remember to stop at the lumber yard for screws.

Last night I put in 3 new ones...

The one on the top left went in a little crooked, but it's gonna stay that way - it's solid :)

The loom is acting a lot better now that these 3 little pieces of metal are in where they are! LOL


While I had down time with this loom, I finished up the last of the mug rug warp.



The short inaugural warp of 20 reps yielded 51 mug rugs.  There is a lot of waste of warp on these little buggers-  I need length between to be able to tie the knots....    Maybe next time I do them, I might explore a sewn hem...???

Even tho the short little fringes are oh so cute :)

Time to make a decision on warp colors for the table runner width warp I want to put on that loom next!

All for now,
JULIE

No comments: