Sunday, May 10, 2020

Dribs and Drabs

I've been throwing the bits and pieces of leftover weft strips in bags, and totes and corners...  :)

The dribs and drabs of weft when I was doing a pattern in a rug, or a certain length.

The other day whilst looking for what to weave on that blasted bright green warp, I started consolidating all those little stashes.

I finally decided to do something with these. 

I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out or if I would be terribly disappointed with the resulting rug.



I was basically weaving randomly.  I would do a solid and then a pattern usually.  And I like the colors to play nice next to each other, but I didn't lay them out before I started.

They ended being kinda cute!

In the end, I had to do yet another rug to get to the end of the warp.


Three different bed sheets and a little bit of brown sheet between each color.

And finally that warp was done.

I've been weaving away on the table runner warp, and took a few off the beam and finished those and wound on the next warp on the union for the next bout of rugs.

Since my last post, I've had a birthday and now today mothers day.  I got treated with meals and even a visit from daughter #2.  Son couldn't make it, but that's ok. 

It SNOWED yesterday and is right at freezing now.  Where did spring go?!?

So this past week, another early summer event I had paid into has been cancelled.  And the smaller events that sign ups would be just showing up now in my mailbox, are being announced as cancelled for the year.

Sigh.  Very irritating and distressing.

All for now,
JULIE

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Mothers Day and a belated happy birthday!