Sunday, September 20, 2020

Fall Festival

 I admit, I didn't commit to this local event until just the other day.  I wanted to see how I felt from last weekend at the big event.

Working during the week and then doing weekend shows usually means I'm "working" 7  days a week.  It's tiring :)

Early in the week I started looking at the weather forecast  and decided if they would let me in, I would go to this event.  My rugs were still in the house garage and would need to be handled and packed away anyway, if I didn't take them somewhere.

They let me in, so I took 2 spots for a grand total of 20$ -  Nice low fee and 20 miles from home.


The forecast told me it would be somewhat breezy, but in the mid 70's with 0% chance of rain.  I decided to leave the canopy home and just spread out on my canvas tarp floor.  

Even tho I was a late addition, I got a very prime spot.  Right at the entrance to the visitor center!

The organizers said they had no idea how many attendees to expect, but said if they got 200 they would be happy.  They had 1000 ish.  Wow :)

This event is their Fall Festival where they harvest the Fort garden.  They use horse drawn implements to do it, and attendees get to pick potatoes and pumpkins to take home.

I had nice sales.  6 good sized rugs and a few smaller sales of mug rugs and runners.

Beautiful fall South Dakota day - and it WAS windy.  The center hanger shown ended up deciding to tip over during the last 1/2 hour of the day.  

I was happy for the breeze tho.  Some of the rugs were still a little damp from last weekend, so they got good and dry after the day in the breeze. 

Things were packed away and are now in my storage trailer awaiting my next show Mid October. 


All for now,

JULIE

No comments: