Sunday, October 9, 2022

An Apprentice

 Yesterday I had the pleasure of being the supervisor of the young man.  Mom and Dad were weaning calves...

I don't do bunches of production work on weaving during the summer, but there wasn't much I could do with a busy little guy needing most of my attention.

What to do, but grab some denim strips and start cleaning the strings off!





I don't usually do this as a separate step, I usually just grab a 'dirty' strip, clean it off and sew it to the previous one at the sewing machine.

I figured this was something I could do with a busy little guy underfoot.

Jhett had a ball unloading the clean strip tote and carrying the strips around.

Mom came in to check on us and take a bathroom break and found us being productive.  Thus the photos.

I have 3 vendor events left for the year. I have enough inventory, but  I feel like I didn't weave enough this summer.... some colors and size choices are slim.   I'm making it a goal for this winter to weave up as much as possible so that I won't feel the need to weave much at all next summer.  Ya know, get enough inventory for all the shows I normally do. 

 Maybe I can enjoy some riding and fun stuff next summer then?\

All for now, 
JULIE




 



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Excellent strategies all around!