Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I hurt myself

I worked so hard today, I hurt myself.... After weaving for 4 hours I had to stop short of finishing the current warp because my forearm hurt.  I spent the day weaving without a shuttle.

Apparently reaching into the shed innumerable times will eventually cause a kind of warp burn!  My forearm shows exactly where I make contact with the upper warp when I reach in to grab the weft that I'm throwing through the shed.

I was only about 1/2 a rug from being done and able to take the last of the rugs off, but I just couldn't do it!  Instead I spent the rest of the day tying fringe.  I'm caught up with that, so I can start anew tomorrow when I get those rugs off the loom.

Next warp ~  another batch of table runners.  And then,  watch out!  A completely new colorway (for me)!

No comments: